Our first one was amazing and this one will be also!
This event will be held at Herb Parsons Lake, just off I269 in north Collierville. 140 Herb Parsons Way
There is fishing and excellent trails! Come and make a day of it!!
Below is the speaker schedule and the educational displays. We also have lots of vendors selling items that are related to sustainable living!
FREE and open to the public
SATURDAY, JUNE 4 EVENT SCHEDULE!
- 10am, Mary Rosti, Dehydrating
- 11am, Beth Spinks, aka Betty Bo, Basic CPR skills
- 12, Michele and Darrin Harn, Livestock on Small Acreage followed by Composting 101.
- 1pm, Sara Turner, Raising meat rabbits
- 2pm: Mary Ross, Raising chickens and processing
- 3pm: Emily Bibb Giles, Local Medicinal Herbs
Educational Exhibits.. We have some great exhibitors!
- Irish Dexter Cows, raising them on a small homestead, plus they are bringing a cow with them!
- Grass fed beef for sale
- How to use a grain mill grain display. Homemade bread and sweets for sale.
- Gardening questions. Plus how to start a garden from scratch, organic gardening, successfully growing tomatoes. Lots of plants for sale.
- Preserving your food: Canning and water bath demo. Dehydrating, vacuum sealing and mylar bags. Many sustainable living items for sale (mylar bags, oxygen absorbers, and much more.
- Growing your own food: starting from seeds and propagating plants
- Using bunny poop education
- Homeschool info
- TRABA-West,Tennessee River Artisan Blacksmith Association
- All about fruit trees, plus trees for sale
- Learn how to grow mushrooms, plus kits for sale
- All about alpacas! types of fiber and angora goat. Plus handmade items for sale
- Macrame demo. Plus handmade items for sale
- Crochet demo. Plus handmade items for sale
- Knitting demos
- Quilting demos
- Learn how to make your own yogurt and kombucha.
Here are some of the items for purchase:
Local honey, farm fresh eggs, elderberry syrup, organic dried spices and herbs, tinctures, salves.
All natural skin care, candles, soap, jams, jellies, herbal teas, fresh flowers and more!
Grass fed beef, fruit trees, fresh baked bread, small batch simple syrups and naturally grown plants!
We will have a food truck and snow cones
WE STILL HAVE OPENING FOR ADDITIONAL VENDORS AND EDUCATIONAL BOOTHS
Visit our event page: https://www.facebook.com/Old-Fashioned-Freedom-Living-a-Self-Sufficient-Lifestyle-104616145569211